Silly face is silly.
Here’s a picture of me right now because I’ve been barely active on here.
Now that I live in San Francisco, I can finally be me. No super Christian, reserved, conservative school of mine to tell me to remove my piercings or keep my hair in its natural color. No crazy Saipan weather to limit my choice of clothing and style. No ignorant people to keep me from being… ME!
I don’t think people really understand how long I’ve waited and worked to look like this.
- It took me many years to even be confident enough to take pictures of my self.
- It took me 2 - 3 years to straighten my teeth
- I had to beg in order to get my ears pierced (because my mom is cray-cray on the whole “piercing” thing)
- It took me 4 years to wait till I’m 18 and graduated to finally have my lip and cartilage pierced because my parents wouldn’t approve and my school wouldn’t allow it either
- I had to wait until graduation to finally dye my hair to the desired color (it’s grey, but the lighting in this picture makes it look yellowish-greenish) because my school doesn’t want people to dye their hair an “unnatural” color
- All my life, I had to be someone I’m not/constrain myself in order to avoid people to talk shit about me because I know it would really hurt my parents
So, basically, finally moving to the United States and turning 18 were some of the greatest things to happen to me so far. Through that, I can finally be me :)